Friday, June 25, 2010

Procrastination

Procrastinate: v. meaning to put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness; to postpone or delay needlessly

I knew when I started this blog (like 2 months ago...) that it would be a challenge for me to keep up with it. Several people I know have blogs and they do marvelously well at updating. Maybe it is just that they have more interesting things to say than me. However, I like to think that it is simply because I have SO MUCH to say that I can't get it all organized and typed. Right.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, since no one reads this thing but me. Of course, how could anyone read it if I never post anything. Hmm, seems like a bit of the old "chicken or egg" argument. I would post if people were reading, but no one can read because I don't post, etc. How can I possibly purpose to get my plethora of perusable ponderable points out the people if I don't post? (I love alliteration, in case you didn't notice!)

Maybe it is the underlying realization that no one really cares what I think? Why would anyone spend the time reading my ponderable points, when there are other blogs (that make sense) out there? As stated before, I have several friends who regularly blog. They started with a purpose, and continue to blog regularly regarding that purpose. I started with no purpose (didn't I?), and I still don't have one (do I?)!

Perhaps the best way to get myself posting regularly, is to actually let people know I have this blog. I think only one person knows this blog exists. (Lightbulb moment: This may also explain why no one reads my blog!) However, there are only two real posts on this blog. Can I actually start a blog with only two real posts? Well, we'll find out, won't we?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's because you've got SO MUCH to say. I may be good at updating my blog, but I don't know how much of it is "quality programming". I love to read your thoughts. You are far more interesting than you give yourself credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I post a comment, it makes me type in one of those security words (which, how much security can there be in a word where the letters are a little bendy?). This one was "nolves." My first thought? "They misspelled 'wolves.'"

    ReplyDelete